History


Founded in 1965, Federated in 1965, Incorporated in 1966, the  Woman’s Club is a Service Organization, that has been a mainstay in Deltona. We are members of GFWC and GFWC Florida Federation.

GFWC Clubs helped providing Libraries in their communities.  We have worked together raising funds for many charitable organizations, and continue to do so.

We have worked with others in the community to get a High School and Hospital in the area. We now have two High Schools in Deltona and a Hospital in close vicinity.

Meetings are held on the (2nd) second Thursday of each month, August through May, with a light lunch served. There are guest speakers or some form of entertainment at each meeting, except the  month of May, when the Installation of New Officers take place.  We also offer an evening meeting for working women, call for information. NO general meetings are held during June and July.

In 2011 Deltona Woman’s Club Charities, Inc. 501(c)(3) non profit was formed within this organization.

Charities Supported by GFWC Deltona Woman’s Club

Two scholarships, to  Deltona High School Young women heading to College.

Adopted and supporting Discovery Elementary School in Deltona

Food for Deltona’s needy families in conjunction with City of Deltona

Children and Women Abuse Center

Canine Companions

Adopt a Manatee

Hacienda Girls Ranch

Pregnancy Center—Deltona

H.O.B.Y.

Boy’s Anchor House

Heifer International

We will look at any other special needs brought to our attention.

 

Our Purpose

To enrich the scope of our intellectual and social life;                                                               To contribute to the betterment of the community in which we live.

The General Federation of Woman’s Clubs was established in 1890 and started 75% of America’s libraries, including many here in Florida.

In addition, the Organization has made many important contributions, e.g.: they established the National Model for Juvenile courts, Supported the first child labor laws

Supported equal pay for equal work, and in 1990 celebrated it’s 100 years of community volunteer service.

The Florida Federation of Woman’s Clubs dating back to 1895 have been instrumental in securing better education for Florida’s children,for preservation of forests and birds.

Even before women were allowed to vote, woman’s clubs made life better in the Sunshine State, by cleaning village streets, erecting and maintaining street lamps, promoting good public health practices, erecting clinics and help in attracting Doctors to the State. Raised money to provide aids for handicapped citizens and started Libraries wherever they organized.