HOME LIFE Community Service Program
The Home Life Community Service Program is designed to inform members of issues that affect the well-being of individuals, families, and communities by providing opportunities and resources to meet and address needs through volunteering.
We support many charities which fall under our Home Life CSP. Listed below are some of these agencies:
- Canine Companions, an organization which supplies service animals for handicapped people.
- Ronald MacDonald House – flip tops from aluminum cans are collected and sold.
- Boggy Creek – a summer camp for children with severe illnesses
- Special Olympics
- Deltona Pregnancy Center
- Alzheimer Association
- United Cerebral Palsy
- The heart Truth- focusing on better heart health for women
- Promote awareness of Cancers
- Wounded Veteran’s Initiative
Health Awareness Days – Have become a regular vehicle by which we reach out to the community and invite them in at the same time. Participation by diverse factions of the health care industry makes it possible for guests to receive information from the whole spectrum of health care. The Blood Mobile and the Vision Quest bus have appeared at our two events in the past. A planned holistic health awareness event is scheduled for early next year.
Rummage Sales – Treasures, treasures, and more treasures (and a little “junk” too) available for sale to the public. Music, food, conversation, cooperation, camaraderie and fun sprinkled in with good old fashioned work, makes the event a success; enabling us to donate to our charities.
We also collect used eye glasses which we donate to the Lions club.
Stay tuned for dates of events where you, our community can participate.